Essay on save earth – Change Your Mind To Save The World
Essay on save earth – 50 easy ways to save the planet
1. Wrap gifts in fabric and tie with ribbon; both are reusable and prettier than paper and sticky-tape.
2. Start a compost heap to reduce the waste you send to landfill sites.
3. Buy your own hive: without bees the planet would last for only 60 years (and honey is good for your health).
4. Use a nappy washing service: they use 32% less energy and 41% less water than home washing.
5. Slow down. Driving at 50mph uses 25% less fuel than 70mph.
6. Wash your clothes with your flat mates’ instead of wasting water on half-empty loads.
7. Turn down your central heating and put on a jumper.
8. Take a brisk shower, not a leisurely bath, to save water.
9. Hold a Tupperware party. Airtight food containers can be reused; sandwich bags and plastic wrap cannot.
10. Choose energy-efficient appliances when you replace old ones.
11. Buy compact fluorescent light bulbs. They last eight times as long and use a fraction of the energy.
12. Join a library instead of buying books.
13. Get to know your neighbor’s they are more likely to keep your home safe than energy-guzzling security lamps.
14. Recycle your car oil at a recycling depot or petrol station; it contains lead, nickel and cadmium.
15. Get on your bike instead of driving.
16. Let them carry you off in a biodegradable cardboard coffin, saving trees. ( Essay on save earth )
17. Use low-phosphate washing-up liquid and washing powder. Phosphates stimulate algal growth when discharged into the water supply, lowering oxygen levels and killing plants and fish.
18. Buy local, or better still, grow your own food, so energy is not wasted on transportation.
19. Raise your glass to organic beer; conventionally grown hops are sprayed up to a dozen times a year.
20. Use recycling facilities. If there aren’t any, ask your council for them.
21. Ditch the air-conditioner and buy an aspidistra; plants help cut pollution.
22. Take the plunge and move in with your partner so you light and heat one home rather than two.
23. Give a colleague a lift to work; if no one is going your way, join a carshare scheme to find a passenger.
24. Cook for friends. Large quantities of food use less packaging than the same quantity in individual portions (and take less energy to cook).
Also Read : https://www.postboxindia.com
25. Copy ministers by holidaying in Britain (but unlike them, skip the follow-up trip to Tuscany).
26. Give your garden a good breakfast; coffee grounds and eggshells are ideal for composting.
27. Refuse plastic carrier bags, or at least reuse them. Cloth bags are better.
28. Donate your leftover paint to a community project; Britons fail to use 6.2m liters of the paint they buy each year.
29. Drink tap or filtered water, not bottled.
30. Invest in a washing line; tumble dryers devour electricity.
31. Buy chocolates from proper chocolate stores, so they are not individually wrapped.
32. Turn off TVs and stereos instead of switching them to standby.
33. Lighten up: paint your walls a pale color, so you need less artificial light.
34. Only flush toilets if really needed; follow the Australian maxim: “If it’s yellow that’s mellow, if it’s brown flush it down.”
35. Improve the ambience and dine by candlelight, saving electricity.
36. Insulate your home. Cavity wall insulation can cut heat loss through the wall by up to 60%.
37. Buy from companies with eco-friendly policies; boycott those without.
38. Soak up the sun; even in Britain, solar panels can produce a surprising amount of energy.
39. Clean the back of your fridge. Dusty coils can increase energy consumption by 30%.
40. Avoid air travel; it produces three times more carbon dioxide per passenger than rail.
41. Pretend Christmas has come early; turkey is more likely than chicken to be produced in the UK, while British-grown Brussel sprouts require less transport than Kenyan mange tout.
42. Grow plants to give to friends instead of cut flowers. ( Essay on save earth )
43. Choose a car with a 3-way catalytic converter, to reduce nitrogen oxides and hydrocarbons emissions by 90%.
44. Ban blinds. Heavy curtains keep in more heat in winter.
45. Change materials as well as rooms; MDF and chipboard release formaldehyde, a carcinogen. Buy sustainably produced wood instead.
46. Cut up the plastic rings from packs of beer; they are invisible in water so wildlife can choke on them or trap themselves.
47. Bring a mug to the office instead of using polystyrene cups.
48. Snap up a 36-exposure film instead of 24, reducing waste from packaging and processing.
49. Cancel that expensive gym membership and walk to work instead.
50. Buy less. Save time and money as well as the planet.
Postbox India official